Monday, October 27, 2014

Margo Johanson



MARGO JOHANSON, PILATES FACULTY


Coming from a Midwest German family, activity was always part of daily life.  We had horses, and always played outside, but I never enjoyed the "regular" fitness routines of gym classes or running or any of the workouts that were being offered at the time.
Pilates made sense to me and for my body.  It works very muscle in your body with your body weight as resistance.  It is controlled and works to sculpt the body, a long lean look as opposed to a bulkier look.  You need a mat and your body. It is a challenge always. It is wonderful, as a teacher, to see students actually see the difference in their body and strength.
After practicing yoga for years, I fell into teaching after my teachers encouraged me to do so.  It is another practice that works with my body and mind in a practical way.  It always challenges me in ways I never thought, both body and mind. Yoga also is a great way to sculpt out muscles you never knew you had and I also hold that certification.
My husband and I travel, as he is an oceanic engineer.  I always try to pop in on various classes in our travels to see how others interpret Pilates and yoga in their areas and parts of the world. It is a definite passion.
I have lived in Little River for 26 years and have two children.  Kate, 32 and a son, Jordan, who is 25.  We were blessed with a grandson from Kate on Christmas Day.  


Tuesday
Friday
8:30am Pilates
10:30am Pilates

No comments:

Post a Comment